No plumbing. No electricity. No gas. No fire place. It sounds like the downfall of a dinner party, a setting so daunting most hosts would skip it. This story in the current issue of Utah Style and Design shares the start of Clinton Felsted's big dreams for his farm, La Nay Ferme. "I want a boutique hotel with a restaurant supplied by the farm. This dinner came about because I wanted people to be there on my farm to eat. I want it to be a destination." The event (planned by SLCMixer with Viet Pham and Bowman Brown, chef-owners of Utah's cutting edge resaurant Forage, in charge of the "kitchen") brought together a group of talented and passionate people, committed to Utah.
1. Le Nay grows a lot of greens—kale, chard, arugula, spinach and mixed greens.
2. The chefs toured the farm, pulling, picking and tasting shoots and roots.
3. Guests were greeted with a beet cocktail invented by Evan Lewandowski, Founder/Winemaker at Ruth Lewandowski Wines and sommelier at Pago. They then sipped on "Liberty Well" mead made with Clifford Farms honey, herbs and water drawn from the Liberty Heights well.
4. Freshly dug beets, ready for roasting.
5. Kale was roasted over the cooler coals.
6. Golden cherry tomatoes, one of many varieties grown on the farm.
7. Josh flattened old spoons and stamped them with the guests' names as place cards and souvenirs.
8. All the dishes were dreamed up on the spot, with ingredients growing on La Nay Ferme.
atly + SLCFoodie present: One Beautiful Meal
Celebrating Utah's Creatives
La Nay Ferme - July 26 - 6pm - $125
We're going to La Nay Ferme again this year to celebrate Utah's creatives. If you've been following SLC Mixers for any length of time, you know it's our pleasure to show off the great things about Utah. For the most part, those in attendance of this event will be the creative-types we're celebrating, but we're opening a few seats for the general public to come and dine with us and a few of the folks we believe are making Utah proud.
This post was originally published on utahstyleanddesign.com.