The votes are in, the drinks are drunk and the winner is The Wolf on Wall Street.
For the last month, imbibers at The Vault have been voting with their cocktails. (Don't you wish we could do this for state elections, too?)
To have a little fun with the buzz surrounding the 2014 Academy Awards, Bambara, a Kimpton restaurant, featured original specialty drinks, each designed for an Oscar "Best Picture" nominee and crafted by the expert bartenders in Bambara's popular gathering hotspot, "The Vault."
With the Oscars just around the corner this weekend, the votes have been compiled and Bambara's bartenders are going out on a limb to predict "The Wolf of Wall Street" as Best Picture.
“The Wolf of Wall Street" has been in the lead from the beginning and far outpaced all the others,” said Bambara’s expert bartender, Austin Craig. “This year, I was inspired by the nominated films' main characters and their quirks, personalities and the issues that drive them. I think it was the Leonardo DiCaprio factor' that swayed the votes," he laughed.
I suggest you try this at home. These are the drinks:
- · The Wolf of Wall Street - Hendrick’s Gin, Smirnoff Vodka, St. Germaine Elderflower Liqueur, Orange Zest - 72 votes
- · Gravity - Buffalo Trace Bourbon, Canton Ginger Liqueur, Dash Bitters - 64 votes
- · Philomena - Absolut Vodka, Canton Ginger Liqueur, Orange Juice, Cinnamon Sugar Rim - 48 votes
- · 12 Years a Slave - Absolut Vodka, Canton Ginger Liqueur, Orange Juice, Cinnamon Sugar Rim - 25 votes
- · Captain Phillips - 10 Cane Rum, Grenadine, Cranberry, Orange & Pineapple Juice, Float Myer’s Rum- 24 votes
- · American Hustle - Grey Goose Vodka, Dry Vermouth, Lemon, Splash Tonic, Grapefruit Juice - 22 votes
- · Her - Bombay Gin, Fresh Lemon Juice, Soda, Splash French Red Wine - 21 votes
- · Dallas Buyers Club - Corralejo Tequila, Peach Schnapps, Fresh Squeezed Orange Wheel - 15 votes
- · Nebraska - Absolut Mandarin Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Dry Vermouth, Orange Juice - 12 votes