With Thanksgiving just a week away, try spicing up the traditional feast with these recipes from Finca and Hub and Spoke Diner. Brussels sprouts get a much needed upgrade with the help of cream and bacon in Bruselas con Tocino. Stuck with too many Thanksgiving leftovers? Make an easy Bechemel sauce with Hub and Spoke Diner’s recipe and bring your turkey back to life as a Black Friday brunch. If you need more convincing (and no Turkey Day stress), stop by either restaurant for their Thanksgiving Day specials.
BRUSELAS CON TOCINO
Spanish Brussels sprouts with sherry cream and bacon
Recipe by Finca
- Saute bacon in olive oil, until fully cooked and reddish brown in color.
- Remove bacon from pan, but leave ¾ rendered fat in pan.
- Add quartered Brussels sprouts and sauté in bacon fat, until nicely browned.
- Add remaining ingredients and reduce heat to medium low.
- Continue cooking until Brussels are tender, and liquid has been reduced to a nice even glaze.
- Fold cooked bacon back into sprouts, and season with salt and pepper.