Free yourself of the dining-out doldrums at the inaugural Cottonwood Heights “Bites in the Heights” event. The special food event starts on Saturday, Aug. 20 and will run through Wednesday, Aug. 31. Participating restaurants will offer specials for the event. Guests who share their food photos from the participating restaurants with #CHFoodie on Twitter or Instagram are entered to win daily giveaways. If you’re an overachiever, visit all the restaurants, bring your receipts to Cottonwood Heights City Hall or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you’re entered to win a $100 gift card. Food and freebies, what more could you ask for?
Foodies can also vote for their favorite restaurant at CHBusiness.org/bites-in-the-heights.
- Arminen’s Deli (Sinclair Station), 2995 Fort Union Blvd—$5 lunch special: Any half sandwich and 16 oz. drink
- Cancun Café, 1891 Fort Union Blvd–$5 lunch special: Chili verde burrito with rice or beans. $15 dinner special: Two chicken or beef taquitos, carnitas platter, fried ice cream
- Carl’s Café, 2336 Fort Union Blvd–$5 lunch special: Cheeseburger, fries and a drink
- Cottonwood Heights Café, 7146 Highland Dr–$10 lunch special: salmon salad or steak sandwich, French fries
- Dragon Isle, 3414 Bengal Blvd–$10 lunch special: Any two items off the lunch menu
- Johnniebeefs,6913 S 1300 E–$5 lunch special: Chicago, chili cheese or New York hot dog with French fries
- Market Street Grill, 2985 E Cottonwood Pkwy–$10 lunch special: Halibut tacos w/ coleslaw. $20 dinner special: Choice of soup/salad, stuffed Atlantic salmon, choice of dessert
- The Protein Foundry, 6909 S 1300 E—Dinner special (after 3 p.m. only): 2 Rio Acai Bowls for $16 (In honor of the 2016 Summer Olympic Games in Rio)
- Toasters Deli, 2750 E Cottonwood Pkwy (In the lobby of the office building)–$10 lunch special: Box lunch (Any sandwich with chips, soda and cookie)