Patio dining season is upon us, and like you, we love our dogs. Rather than leave them home, here’s a list of 22 dog-friendly patios in Salt Lake where they can come to join. It’s a yes, dear Fido, so let’s get you on a leash and go!
22 Pooch-friendly Patios
- Brewhouse Pub, 1722 S. Fremont Dr., Sugar House
- Campfire Lounge, 837 E. 2100 South, Sugar House
- Caputo’s on 15th, 1516 S. 1500 East, SLC
- Fisher Brewing Company, 320 W. 800 South, SLC
- Flatbread, 1044 E. 2100 South, Sugar House
- Garage Grill, 1122 E. Draper Pkwy., Draper
- Log Haven, 6451 E. Millcreek Canyon Rd., Millcreek Canyon
- One O Eight, 1709 E. 1300 South, SLC
- Park Cafe, 604 E. 1300 South, SLC
- Pig and a Jelly Jar, 401 E. 900 South, SLC
- The Point After, 5445 S. 900 East,
- Prohibition, 151 E. 6100 South,
- Proper Burger Company, 865 S. Main St., SLC
- Squatters, 147 W. Broadway, SLC
- Stratford Proper, 1588 E. Stratford Ave, SLC
- Taqueria 27 (all locations) 149 E. 200 South, SLC
- TF Brewing, 936 S. 300 West, SLC
- Thistle & Thyme, 480 S Wakara Way, Park City
- Zest, 275 S. 200 West, SLC
While Salt Lake County food regs prohibit animal,—except qualifying ADA service dogs—inside places that serve food, there are a few rules a food-service business must maintain to receive “dog patio” approval. The patio dining area must be cleaned with animal-friendly chemicals, and Mr. Buster’s “Business” needs to be taken care of within 5 minutes.
For owners, let’s keep dogs allowed. Proper owner and dog etiquette include: leash your pup. Don’t put them up on the table or sit them in a chair (even though that is SO cute). Don’t feed them from the table (not even treats) or drop your dirty plate for licking clean. Save that for home. (You know you do it.)
Most importantly, while you may love your canine, other humans paying to enjoy a beautiful and peaceful patio-dining experience may not. (But who could love your dog more than YOU?) If you have a dog (or a kid for that matter) that doesn’t know how to chill don’t ask everyone to put up with Mr. Troubles. Get some take out and go to the park.
See all of our food and drink coverage here.