The month of May means nostalgia for Pioneer Theater Company, as the classic 50’s hit Grease will be rocking across their stage until May 25 to close out their 2018-2019 season.
PTC regular and artistic director Karen Azenberg returns with her fourth show this season, and is bringing fresh choreography to revamp this old fan favorite.
“We can make fun of the nostalgia that shows like Grease evoke, or we can smile and remember the kinder, gentler, more innocent time that was the 1950’s in America,” says Azenberg, who is both the director and choreographer of this run, alongside her associate director Lenny Daniel.
Azenberg plans to fully embrace the days of saddle shoes and slicked back hair, taking a cast of PTC-familiar faces back in time, for your entertainment.
The cast does have some newcomers, however: Pascal Pastrana and Emma Hearn, the stars of the show as Danny and Sandy, are both making their Pioneer debut.
So start your Summer Nights off right with a great musical for the season. The show runs May 10 – May 25, with both evening and Saturday matinee performances.
Don’t forget to swing back over to read our review before you go, So we can tell you about it, stud.
- WHO:Pioneer Theatre Company
- WHAT: Grease
- WHEN: May 10 – May 25, 2019
- Mondays – Thursdays, 7:00 p.m.
- Fridays and Saturdays, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday matinees, 2:00 p.m.
- WHERE: Simmons Pioneer Memorial Theatre 300 South 1400 East, Salt Lake City
- $44 – $66 in advance, and $5 more when purchased on the day of the show
- Kids in grades K-12 are half-price on Mondays and Tuesdays
- MORE INFO:
- Box Office: 801-581-6961
- Open 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Mon. – Fri.