It’s that time of year again for those of you who love our state’s pride and joy, the Sundance Film Festival, to start thinking about purchasing tickets. This year’s system will incorporate a new software program, Toptix, which will allow locals a better opportunity to grab the hottest tickets. Benefits for Utah residents include special discounts, advance tickets and free screenings. Mark your calendars for the special dates outlined below and plan your festival itinerary early.
Important Dates to Remember:
- Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at NOON – pass and package sales for locals go on sale. Available on a first come, first served basis and only available online.
- Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 10 a.m. – individual ticket sales for locals begin before the general public.
Ticket Options for Locals:
- Passes – do not require physical tickets. It’s a credential with your picture and a barcode on it to present at each screening for admittance. Passes are restricted by dates (first half vs. second half), location (Eccles Theatre, Grand Theatre, SLC ) or time period. Why buy a pass? You don’t have to decide in advance which films you want to see.
- Packages – most packages contain 10 tickets. Packages are sold before the films are announced and tickets are selected in early January. Why buy a ticket package? You get to select your tickets before the general public and a credential for the non-theatre venues.
- Individual tickets – One ticket to one screening. You can purchase single screening tickets online starting January 11 or at our box offices in Utah. Locals can purchase before national audiences.
- Day of Show tickets – newly released tickets in limited amounts go on sale at 8:00am on the day of the screening at the Main Box Offices. In-person only. On sale January 19-29.
- Request a waitlist queue number via our eWaitlist app online 2 hours before screening. Be in line at least 30 minutes before showtime. If seats are available, waitlisters get in.
And again, Special Local Benefits:
- Discounts – Access to exclusive discounted passes and ticket packages with a valid Utah ID.
- Advance Individual Tickets – The ability to purchase individual tickets online before the general public with valid Utah ID.
- Best of Fest – Free screenings of the award winning films on Monday January 30, 2017.
- Townie Tuesday – Free screening for Summit County residents on Tuesday January 24, 2017.
For more information, click here.