Back in the day, the thought of working out on the most celebrated eating holiday of the year would have been unthinkable. Times have changed. Now, a spin class seems as ubiquitous as stuffing (and football) on Thanksgiving Day. Looking to pre-burn your holiday meal this week? So are we. Here are five Thanksgiving Day Workouts to get up and get moving before the obligatory feast
1. Maven STRONG — The SWEAT-STRENGTH-SOUL workout is a 90-minute combo of reformer pilates, spin & bar that guarantees a satisfying and sweaty start to the holiday. Online reservations required. Class starts at 9 am. www.mavenslc.com 155 E. 900 South, #200, SLC
2. Rideologie — For early risers who like the bike, choose between two “Turkey Burn” classes: 6 am or 7:45 am. The first is a 60-minute burn, the second is a HITT ride with plenty of sprints. Either way, you’ll be guilt-free before 10 am. Book online. www.rideologie.com 1155 Wilmington Avenue Unit #200, SLC
3. SEEK Studio — Get a 30-minute total body workout at 8:45am or commit to a one-hour Gratitude Flow practice at 9:30am. For the latter, you can stretch, flow, sweat and set intentions pre-feast. Online registration required. www.seekstudioslc.com 1790 S. 1100 East, SLC.
4. SLC Crossfit —In less than an hour you’ll get to sample an exercise buffet that includes running, pull-ups, sit ups and light weightlifting. This functional movement feast starts at 9 am. Show up a few minutes early to register. www.slccrossfit.com 619 S. 600 West, SLC
5. Salt Lake Power Yoga —If you like the heat away from the oven, this hot power flow may be more your speed. Sign up for SLPY’s 6th Annual Turkey Day Burn online. You’ll be rewarded with 90 minutes of rigorous yoga starting at 9 am. This class promises to challenge your body and clear your conscience for the glutinous holiday ahead. www.saltlakepoweryoga.com 250 E. Broadway#200, SLC