The thing is, however, is that there are several fantastic foundations at the drug store. I found a dupe list on Pinterest and in the ultimate sacrifice have spent the last eight weeks trying them out. These are some of my favorites.
1. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk ($62) / L’oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup
Probably one of the most hyped-up foundations of all time is the Giorgio Armani’s Luminous Silk. It’s $62 hyped up dollars. That’s alotta scratch. But, L’oreal is a perfect dupe–and dare I say I like it better.
2. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup ($38.00) / Revlon Colorstay Makeup for combo/oily skin ($9.49)
Double wear has more color spectrum to choose from but, consistency and wearability are nearly identical.
3. NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation ($48) / L’oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation ($11.99)
I actually prefer the L’oreal foundation. My skin is oily, so “luminous” is not really a quality that looks great on my skin. This gives a dewy look without all the “dew”.
4. MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation ($27) / Maybelline Fit Me! Matte and Poreless ($5.99)
Another one I prefer over the original. And it’s ummmm six bucks!
5. L’ancome Miracle Cushion Liquid Cushion Compact ($47) / L’oreal Paris True Match Lumi Cushion ($16.99)
The last one is a great dupe for a newer concept. The “cushion”. These are meant to be a more natural coverage and are fantastic if you are late for work because you’ve laid in bed watching Tivo’d Judge Judy all morning. #notjustmeihope
I hope these give you some great alternatives but, just in case don’t forget to save your receipts.