The Utah Museum of Fine Arts (UMFA) Marcia and John Price Museum Building is closed for remodeling, but several museum outreach programs are alive and well. The Museum galleries will reopen in 2017. For more information, please visit umfa.utah.edu. Below is a list of Museum events in September
1. ARTLandish | Expanding Horizons with Land Arts
- Tuesday, September 13 | 7 pm | FREE
- J. Willard Marriott Library, Gould Auditorium
- Director Chris Taylor presents an inside look at Texas Tech University’s semester-long transdisciplinary field experience, which expands the definition of Land art through direct engagement with the full range of human interventions in the landscape.
2. ACME | Got Vision? How Can Art and Imagination Strengthen Community?
- Wednesday, September 14 | 7 pm, refreshments at 6:30 pm | FREE
- Salt Lake City Public Library, Glendale Branch
- This session focuses on utilizing the arts to transform individuals and their community. Join us and share your ideas about
- bringing more free arts programming and opportunities to our neighborhoods. With Beth Krensky, Sandy Brunvand, and Rosi Hayes, University of Utah art educators and practicing artists.
3. UMFA Wikipedia Edit-a-thon
- Thursday, September 15 | 11 am–2 pm, 3:30–5 pm | FREE
- J. Willard Marriott Library, Computer Lab Room 1735
- Join the UMFA for a Wikipedia Edit-a-thon. Help create and expand Wikipedia pages for artists and artworks in the UMFA’s collection. Learn about the objects in the university art museum and the history of art in Utah. No need for expertise. Resources and training provided, as well as pizza and snacks.Desktop computers will be available, but feel free to bring a laptop.
4. Third Saturday for Families | Origami
- Saturday, September 17 | 1–4 pm | FREE
- Beverley Taylor Sorenson Arts & Education Complex – Art Works for Kids Auditorium
- Many Asian cultures celebrate the Moon Festival during the autumnal equinox, a time when the moon is at its biggest and brightest. Celebrate this 3,000-year tradition with your family and make origami inspired by Japanese art from the education collection.
5. Fall Film Series: Creativity in Focus
- Wednesday, September 28 | 7 pm | FREE
- Katherine W. and Ezekiel Jr. Dumke Jr. Auditorium, UMFA
- Co-presented with the Utah Film Center. Film TBD.