‘Tis the season to give, and to support our local retailers. To spark your holiday gift giving creativity (while keeping it local), we have curated a list of Unique Utah Gifts that is decidedly impressive (we make cool things here) and Utah-born.
For the Foodie
1. Bitters Lab, Fig & Walnut, $22 — This seasonal small-batch flavor has notes of honey and butterscotch and a creamy nutty finish. Try with holiday whiskey-and-gin-based cocktails. Available at the new Trolley Square storefront and www.bitterslab.com.
2. Waterpocket, Snow Angel, $26 — Snow Angel is a kummel, or a sweetened caraway cordial. Its hints of fennel, coriander and peppermint make it perfect for holiday sipping or paired with cranberry or tangerine for a festive cocktail. www.waterpocket.co
3. Beehive Distilling, Barrel Reserve Gin $39 A pleasant surprise for whiskey-lovers, the Barrel Reserve is a smokey, barrel aged gin with piney notes of juniper combined with a vanilla finish. Keep it simple over ice, or in a classic Old Fashioned before the guests arrive. www.beehivedistilling.com
4. Ritual Chocolate, 9-Piece Truffle Box $22 — Can’t decide on a favorite? Thankfully, you don’t have to with Ritual’s 9-piece Truffle Box. Each truffle is made in-house, and this assortment has a beautifully creative range—from Blood Orange to Coconut Guava. www.ritualchocolate.com
For the Fashionista
5. Gigi Pip, Emery Knit Beanie, $28 — Comfy meets an unapologetic red pom pom for the “go to beanie” of the season. The Emery Knit won’t disappoint and is ready to party. www.gigipip.com
6. Olive & Cocoa Outlet, Perfect Tree Pajama, $64 — Cotton is king and comfort always reigns supreme with these 100% cotton PJ’s. WARNING: You may find more gift ideas than you need at the new Olive & Cocoa Outlet – located at Trolley Square. www.oliveandcocoa.com
7. Uintah Standard, The Maxwell, $132 —Bound to be the highlight to your legging collection, The Maxwell is made from Uintah’s Scuba fabric. Wear this to workout or throw on a leather jacket and booties for nightime. The Maxwell features the look of neoprene, and the performance of spandex. www.uintahstandard.com
8. ALKIMME, Elixir $80 — Utah’s dry climate takes a toll on the skin, and AlkimMe’s Elixir is the antidote. This handmade, lush facial oil transforms skin from dry to radiant and dewy. www.alkimme.com
9. Be Light Candle Co, Grapefruit and Mint Candle $25 — The gift that gives back. 15% of each sale goes to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Each candle is handmade with 100% non-gmo soy wax, non-toxic essential oils and repurposed glassware. etsy.com/shop/belightcandleco
For the Hipster
10. Publik Coffee Roasters, Coffee, $14, Granola, $11, Travel Mug, $28 — A well-rounded gift set for the coffee-lover with standards. Granola is made in house, coffee roasted on West Temple and the new Kanteen design will make anyone feel cool. www.publikcoffee.com
11. Creek Tea, Children Books, $15 — Those planting the seed of reading for a young loved one will find more than enough thoughtful options at Creek Tea. Several are even penned by Utah authors. www.creektea.com
12. Thyme & Place, Haws Mister $32 – For the plant lover in your life. This iconic mister is made in the UK and is as stylish as it is useful. www.thymeandplaceslc.com
13. Gypsy Mountain Skulls at Root’d, Handmade Cow Skull, $1,400 — Artist Allison Badell creates bold statements with each piece, using nature as her canvas. Peruse the gallery at Root’d for the right fit, or commission custom work. www.rootdhome.com
14. New West Knife Works, Teton Samurai Set, $538 — Don’t skimp on the chef you love. This set covers all the basics and will turn heads with its bold design. Each are Japanese-inspired blade shapes – the Santoku and the Petty. New West just opened a new shop on Main Street in Park City so you can test the merchandise and all knives come with a lifetime guarantee. www.newwestknifeworks.com
15. Pallas Snowboards, Zeitgiest, $900 — Locally designed, this women-specific mini-swallowtail design can be made as a snowboard or splitboard. The Zeitgeist will get you up and down the mountain with less back leg fatigue, more float in powder, and more stability on corduroy. Certain Pallas models are built-to-order, so allow a few weeks for delivery. pallassnowboards.com
16. Mabo Clothier, Lizzie Fortunato Seaside Studs, $230 — These mother-of-pearl, natural coral and amazonite semi-precious stones by Lizzie Fortunato will make that special someone feel truly special. www.mabokids.com
See all of our lifestyle coverage here.