Unlike those in the midwest, Utahns don’t always think of winter as hockey season. It’s inside and it’s a team sport—many of us go it alone in the great outdoors for our winter pursuits. But, we do have a hometown hockey team, and the Utah Grizzlies have made it to the playoffs in their league for 10 of the last 11 seasons.
We asked players and coaches to suit up, with help from the folks at Tailor Cooperative, to create a new look to match their new team affiliation—this season is their first with the Colorado Avalanche.
Taylor Richart • Defenseman
- Height: 5’10” | Birth Date: 02/15/92
- Weight: 180 | Birth Place: Blaine, MN
- 2012-2013: NCAA (CCHA) Reg. Season Champion
- 2014-2015: NCAA (NCHC) Champion
- 2017-2018: ECHL Most Goals by Defenseman (17)
Tim Branham • Head Coach/GM
Branham has been the Head Coach/General Manager of Utah since 2013. He has compiled a record of 178-136-45 over five seasons, leading the Grizzlies to four playoff appearances. A native of Eagle River, Wisconsin, Branham played 284 professional games in the ECHL and AHL during his playing career from 2002-2010. Since 2003, Branham owns and operates Branham Hockey Camps in Wisconsin. The school, for youth hockey players, has multiple locations in the Midwest.
Ryan Kinasewich • Assistant Coach
Kinasewich is in his second season as the Grizzlies Assistant Coach. The 35-year-old played for the team from 2005-2010 and is the Grizzlies’ all-time leading scorer with 159 goals and 200 assists for 359 points in 239 games. He served as Utah’s captain from 2008-2010 and set an all-time team record with six points in a game with one goal and five assists against Phoenix. Kinasewich also leads Utah in game-winning goals with 19, 1,208 shots and 47 power-play goals.
Brendan Harms • Forward
- Height: 6’ | Birth Date: 12/02/94
- Weight: 183 | Birth Place: Steinbach, MB
- 2011-2012: MJHL Champion
- 2012-2013: USHL – USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game Selection
- 2014-2015: NCAA (WCHA) Third All-Star Team
- 2015-2016: NCAA (WCHA) All-Academic Team
- 2016-2017: NCAA Lowes Senior Class All-Americans 1st Team (Winner)
Tailor Cooperative is a custom-clothier and suit-maker located in downtown Salt Lake City. They are dedicated to bringing a bit of dapper, tailored style to Salt Lake, and they make every suit from scratch to the client’s exact measurements using world-class fabrics.
335 Pierpont Ave Suite #2, SLC, tailorcooperative.com