With April Fools’ Day in the rearview, we’ve entered full on shenanigan season at Utah ski resorts. A monster winter has left us with the fattest spring snowpack in recent memory, which when combined with sunshine, live music, costumes and pond skims should make for some epic late season shredding and festivities. Resorts are finalizing closing dates for the 2019, with some like Snowbasin taking advantage of all that extra base to extend the ski season while others like Park City are sadly sticking to the status quo and shutting down in the coming days. Here’s an updated roundup of Utah Ski Resort closing dates and special springtime events to help you close out the season in style no matter where you hit the slopes.
Utah Ski Resort 2019 Closing Dates
Many Utah resorts are shutting down this coming weekend, so get some turns in while the getting’s good. Snowbird always rides the season out until the bitter end, so you’ll be able to get your ski fix well into the warmer months if that’s your thing.
- Alta – Alta closes its 7 days/week operations after skiing on Sunday, April 21, 2019. Alta will reopen for a bonus weekend Friday-Sunday, April 26 – 28, 2019.
- Brian Head – April 21, 2019
- Brighton – April 21, 2019
- Deer Valley Resort – April 7, 2019
- Park City Mountain – April 7, 2019
- Powder Mountain – April 7, 2019
- Snowbasin – April 21, 2019
- Snowbird – TBD #LongestSeasonInUtah
- Solitude – April 14, 2019
- Sundance – April 7, 2019
Spring Special Events
- Park City Mountain – Saturday ,April 6, 2019 at 12:00 p.m. at top of Red Pine Gondola. Entry fee is $35.
- Snowbasin – Saturday April 6, 2019 at 11:00 a.m. There’s a $10 entry fee, and all proceeds will be donated to a local nonprofit.
Officially Sanctioned Closing Day Parties
- Powder Mountain – Saturday, April 6, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. to 12.00 a.m. The End of the Year Party at Bower Lodge is only $10 and includes all-you-can-eat pizza and live music from Sarah DeGraw and The Pranksters. There’s a cash bar for those over 21.
Late Season Specials
- Brighton Night Skiing discount – Night skiing at Brighton wraps up this weekend, on Saturday, April 6. Tickets for night skiing are available for just $25 between now and the end of night skiing operations.
- Snowbasin discounted tickets – Beginning on April 8, Snowbasin will offer discounted $49 lift tickets to current season pass holders from other resorts. That’s a killer deal for a ticket to explore a new resort after yours has shut down for the year.