City Life

Where to Volunteer in Utah This Holiday Season

According to Feeding America, over 350,000 people face hunger in Utah, including 114,000 children. This holiday season, we can show our gratitude by getting involved with community efforts to alleviate this hunger....

‘The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City’ Recap: ‘Highway to Vail’

In the middle of this week’s episode of The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City, I texted another fan of the show and declared it was one of the best episodes of...

Park City Alters Backcountry Access Policies After Avalanches

If the skull and crossbones weren’t ominous enough, the all caps “YOU CAN DIE” was meant to be. The warning—printed on the orange gate separating avalanche-controlled terrain within Park City Mountain boundaries...

Utah Field Guide: The Grid System

Nine days (nine days!) after the Latter-day Saint pioneers’ entry into the Salt Lake Valley—which, if you’re counting, was August 2, 1847—the Saints had a street system mapped out. The streets-to-be would...

‘The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City’ Recap: ‘I Was Driving Carpool!’

It’s finally happened. After being teased endlessly in the trailer and the pilot episode, we have arrived (chronologically) to Jen fleeing from the cops as everyone prepares for a girls’ trip to...

Satire: Dear Future Landlord

Dear Future Landlord (we hope, fingers crossed!), Just writing a personal note about my recent application to rent the apartment you have available. It would be perfect for me and my boyfriend! We’re...

The Final Dash to Draw New Districts

We're in the final hours of Utah’s redistricting process. The process was already rushed this year, thanks to COVID and delays in getting 2020 census data, but the Utah State Legislature still...

‘The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City’ Recap: ‘A Wolf Pack of Secrets’

There has been a lot to keep track of in the last few episodes of The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City. We have Jennie and Duy’s conflict over having more children,...

Chop Shop: They’ve Got the Meats

"I’ve been a chef on the food side of things for a long time, so I always figured if something was messed up on the butchery side I could cook my way...

Utah Local Ethan Nell Vying for Top Spot at Rampage

Southern Utah often is often described as having a Martian landscape. Certainly, the hues evoke such comparison, but there’s also an unfamiliar quality to the red dirt and rock for many who...

‘The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City’ Recap: ‘Gin and Bear It’

With a dramatic arrest and cult allegations on the horizon, there is plenty of explosive drama to come in the rest of this season of The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City....

Utah Pride Center Celebrates National Coming Out Day With Road Rally

Thousands of vehicles will drag Main Street in Salt Lake City on Sunday to celebrate the LGBTQ+ community and National Coming Out Day. The Utah Pride Center is organizing the Utah Pride...

Prospects Are Looking Good

Casey Crawford opened Prospect, one of Main Street’s longest continually operating businesses, in 2009. She’s seen Park City’s ebbs and flows, dips and recoveries and is still standing as a curator of...

‘The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City’ Recap: ‘Friendship Roulette’

Lisa Barlow fans: we are in crisis. Partly out of hometown loyalty—never change Draper—I have always found Lisa fascinating to watch. Her character on The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City is...

Wanted: Stairway to Powder Heaven

What’s the most dangerous animal in Utah? The red snake of death. The beast—formed of illuminated taillights writhing in seeming perpetuity on State Route 210 in Little Cottonwood Canyon (LCC) amid full-on...

Nightmare on 13th Kicks Off Season With 3 New Scares

Nightmare on 13th guests will meet a Hoodoo queen in a bayou, monsters on a mountain top and creatures shrouded in darkness.
Most Popular