John Dehlin talks about excommunication, cult vengeance, shunning and rebuilding his spiritual life.
John Dehlin, a psychologist best-known for his global podcasts “Mormon Stories,” was excommunicated by the LDS Church as an apostate more than a year ago. He spoke frankly with Salt Lake magazine Managing Editor Glen Warchol about the price of speaking out—being shunned by his Mormon community, having his children harassed and finally being forced to leave Logan for Salt Lake City.
- Interviewer: Glen Warchol
- Guest: John Dehlin, Mormon Stories Podcast
- Sound Recording/Editing: Andrea Kile Peterson
- Production: Salt Lake magazine
- Jeremy Runnells and his Letter to a CES Director
- Hans Mattson, Former LDS Area Authority Seventy
- Tom Philips, the Second Anointing
- Dr. Michael Coe, Book of Mormon Archeology
This episode is brought to you by Sun Valley Resort.