Your guide to Utah Summer Fun
1. The Ogden Valley Balloon & Artists Festival is likely one of the most spectacular events of the summer. This year’s event on August 16th-18th happens in Eden Park in honor of the very first balloon festival held back in 1994. The festival will feature balloon launches, art booths, live entertainment, music, family games and, of course, tons of food and vendors. Make sure to go the night of the 16th and 17th at dusk to watch the popular Balloon Glow event as all 15 balloons start inflating simultaneously, creating a magnificent glow. Check out ogdenvalleyballoonfestival.com for details.
2. Water Lantern Festival aims to celebrate the beauty of the world around us as well as the inherent beauty of life itself. The Water Lantern festival brings everyone in the community together regardless of age, genders, backgrounds and walks of life for one night of celebration and bonding. Tickets are still available and include your own lantern to float at the Jensen Nature Park on Saturday, August 17th. Get details and tickets at waterlanternfestival.com.
3. Red Rocks and Cool Tunes, the 3rd Annual Moab Free Concert Series is back, with epic plans for our Fridays in July. Always opening with a local act followed by a touring headliner, it invites you to come enjoy folk, alt-country, Americana and more while indulging in the food, beer and wine you can buy at the event. You can visit moabfreeconcerts.com for info on this year’s line up and ways to get involved.
4. Tour de Utah becomes a bigger contender every year as it showcases some of the world’s most prestigious teams and cyclists for seven grueling days in August. Make sure to keep tabs on the Ultimate Challenge, Saturday the 17th, as any who dare try can scale the same course the pros will take the following day. Almost a full decade since the opening circuit, Tour of Utah returns August 12th-18th in locations across our beautiful Beehive State. For all of the information you need, go to tourofutah.com.
5. Enterprise Cornfest, to celebrate the harvest, get down to Enterprise (not, the starship) Utah, where you can be a part of its 29th annual Cornfest. Mouths have been watering all season for that fresh sweet corn, but the event also showcases vintage cars, toe-tapping entertainment and bushels of fun. Proceeds from the fest as well as Enterprise Elementary’s Dutch Oven Dinner support the areas schools and other local do-good organizations. Awww, shucks. Saturday, August 24th. enterprisecornfest.com
Click here to see more of our A&E!