WORK FOR SALT LAKE MAGAZINE
Marketing Account Executive
Salt Lake Magazine is looking for a pleasant, intelligent individual to maximize an Inside/Outside Sales Rep position. Job will require cold calling, prospecting, database coordination, and customer service to existing clients. The expectation of this position is sales-based, and applicants should exhibit primary interest in sales. Knowledge and experience in advertising and publishing is preferred, but not required.
Experience in sales and prospecting is a plus; but tenacity, an engaging personality, being highly organized and having a strong work ethic are traits you will need to be successful. Good communication and personable phone skills, as well as the ability to be persuasive in person and on the phone are a must. All training will be provided at our work location; 5th S and 7th East, in Salt Lake City, UT. You will need a valid drivers license and transportation to allow you to travel within the Wasatch Front as needed. You will be expected to work M-F from 8 AM-5 PM. The compensation will be paid hourly at a rate of $10.00 per hour plus commission on all sales you make.
How to Apply:
Please send a complete resume and a cover letter detailing your career objective and three personal characteristics enabling you to shine at sales. Also include a list of three references who are able to speak to your professional capabilities, potential, and experience.
Sales Representative/Account Executive
Looking for an enthusiastic, creative and goal-oriented individual to support sales by prospecting and generating new business, identifying key clients, getting through to decision-makers, providing excellent customer service and generating more revenue.
Key Responsibilities & Attributes for Success:
- Consistently achieve and/or exceed monthly sales quotas through drive and persistence.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the entire sales process.
- Deliver exceptional customer service by providing a positive attitude, personal attention, active listening and timely follow up.
- Concentrate on identifying and acquiring new business to increase revenue.
- Prospect all leads, vet and qualify leads, identify and contact the decision maker, close the sale and provide account management.
- Recognize buying signals and create customized presentations and proposals. Provide compelling statistics and successfully convert opportunity into sales.
- Identify up-sell opportunities for existing customers.
- Provide customized business based solutions centered on individual customer needs. Secure in-person meetings to present personalized options.
- Successfully meet and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Work collaboratively with the sales team in closing sales, training, and building a strong team culture.
- Excellent time management skill with the ability to effectively multi-task in a dynamic environment.
This is a writing and research intensive internship, and our interns work between 2-4 days a week and write weekly stories for the web as well as contribute to the print issue. Interns will assist editors with research, story prep and other projects critical to publishing a bimonthly magazine. Interns may also occasionally be asked to assist with projects for sister magazines Utah Bride & Groom and Utah Style & Design.
The ideal candidate is a journalism or english major and will be able to receive school credit. Please contact Glen Warchol (email@example.com) for more information and reference "Salt Lake magazine editorial internship" in the subject line of your email. We will send an application form which should be returned to Glen via email, along with a current resume and a writing sample.
Same as above except art and graphic design based. Interns work directly with the art director and the assistant art director.
The ideal candidate is an art or graphic design major and will be able to receive school credit. Please contact Glen Warchol (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information and reference "Salt Lake magazine art internship" in the subject line of your email. We will send an application form, which should be returned to Glen via email, along with a current resume and portfolio.
Salt Lake magazine has intern positions for PR & Marketing. This is a 2 day a week internship which includes set up, planning, and implementation of events for all three magazines. Also includes writing for ad copy and marketing efforts for the magazines including contests and giveaways.
The ideal candidate is a communications or marketing major and will be able to receive school credit. Please contact Glen Warchol (email@example.com) for more information and reference "Salt Lake magazine marketing internship" in the subject line of your email. We will send an application form, which should be returned to Glen via email, along with a current resume and a writing sample or portfolio.
All applications for Fall 2015 semester are due August 15, 2015.
Interested in joining our team? email: firstname.lastname@example.org