WORK FOR SALT LAKE MAGAZINE
Digital Marketing Manager
We’re seeking a creative, driven and innovative Digital Marketing Manager to actively grow,monitor and engage with our online communities through social media and manage our website.
- Bachelors in marketing, communication or journalism.
- Work experience with social media platforms
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Quick-learner who takes direction and feedback well
- Detail oriented and flexible
- Team player who works well with others
- Editorial or copy experience preferred
- Able to utilize a range of techniques including paid media, SEO, affiliate marketing and E-mail marketing.
- Work experience with implementation of various marketing strategies
- Work experience in growing online audiences, increasing conversion rates and using KPI’s.
- Experience with WordPress and social programming tools such as Hootsuite.
- Photo editing skills (Photoshop, Illustrator or similar programs).
- Video/audio editing skills preferred but not required.
- Good knowledge of Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
- Basic web design is preferred
- Develop and implement strategic and engaging web content to grow brand loyalty and increase brand awareness and traffic.
- Serve as the primary resource for all readers via social media and web
- Troubleshoot questions, issues and complaints quickly and efficiently
- Analyze social media and web campaigns to provide thoughtful, strategic insight to our marketing, editorial and production teams
- Go above and beyond to help the team in various tasks, as needed
Salt Lake magazine- the magazine for Utah, also the publishers of Utah Style & Design and Utah Bride & Groom, is seeking to hire an Account Executive that is highly dedicated, outgoing, aggressive, determined, creative, energetic, and loves a fun environment where ideas are always welcomed.
Full-time Monday through Friday 8:00-5:00.
Competitive base pay + lucrative commission structure.
Monthly expense reimbursements, health insurance, retirement savings plan, 3 weeks PTO after 1 year, paid holidays.
Account Executive will be responsible for growing and cultivating a book of business through structuring effective advertising campaigns for clients. Building strong relationships with clients will be crucial. Ability to work under pressure and hard deadlines. Ability to be flexible, balance many tasks, and work in a fast-paced environment. Account Executive will be responsible for qualifying leads that are a strong fit for our niche publications and closing new business. Account Executives will be responsible for hitting personal revenue goals.
Individual must have strong time-management and self-discipline skills, as well as being welcoming to leadership guidance.
Bachelors Degree in Mass Communication, English, Marketing, PR, Advertising, or related field.
Must have a reliable vehicle for transportation.
Must be computer savvy for creating proposals, contracts, constant emailing, client research, calendar scheduling, and frequent utilization of a CRM tool.
Passion for helping other businesses to flourish.
PREFERENCES THAT ARE AN ADDED PLUS
2+ years strong sales experience.
Experience on the phone handling client management.
Experience with in-person client meetings and client entertainment.
History of company employment for a long period of time.
Knowledge about CRM tools.
Previous marketing-related employment.
Submit resume to email@example.com, and please include references that can speak for your past sales experience, management experience, and/or work ethic and employment history.
This is a writing and research intensive internship, and our interns work between 2-4 days a week and write weekly stories for the web as well as contribute to the print issue. Interns will assist editors with research, story prep and other projects critical to publishing a bimonthly magazine. Interns may also occasionally be asked to assist with projects for sister magazines Utah Bride & Groom and Utah Style & Design.
The ideal candidate is a journalism or english major and will be able to receive school credit. Please contact Ashley Szanter (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information and reference “Salt Lake magazine editorial internship” in the subject line of your email. We will send an application form which should be returned to Christie via email, along with a current resume and a writing sample.
Same as above except art and graphic design based. Interns work directly with the art director and the assistant art director.
The ideal candidate is an art or graphic design major and will be able to receive school credit. Please contact Jeanine Miller (email@example.com) for more information and reference “Salt Lake magazine art internship” in the subject line of your email. We will send an application form, which should be returned to Jeanine via email, along with a current resume and portfolio.
Same as above except photography based. Interns work directly with the art director and the assistant art director.
The ideal candidate is an photography or photo journalism major and will be able to receive school credit. Intern needs to have their own camera and laptop for editing. Although it is not required, we are hoping for an individual with photoshop editing abilities. Please contact Jeanine Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information and reference “Salt Lake magazine photography internship” in the subject line of your email. We will send an application form, which should be returned to Jeanine via email, along with a current resume and portfolio.
Salt Lake magazine has intern positions for PR & Marketing. This is a 2 day a week internship which includes writing ad / website copy and marketing efforts for the magazines including social media, contests and giveaways. Photoshop and editing abilities are not required, but definitely a plus.
The ideal candidate is a communications or marketing major and will be able to receive school credit. Please contact Jessica Ohlen (email@example.com) for more information and reference “Salt Lake magazine marketing internship” in the subject line of your email. We will send an application form, which should be returned to Jessica via email, along with a current resume and a writing sample or portfolio.
Interested in joining our team? email: firstname.lastname@example.org