There’s still time before Santa shimmies down the chimney and you leave milk and cookies by the fireplace. The presents are en route, hidden, or wrapped, and all that’s left on the agenda is that dreaded Christmas dinner. Instead of adding cooking and cleanup to your holiday to-do list, we’ve curated a list of eateries willing to do all the hard work for you. Sit back, relax, and let somebody else do the cooking this Christmas season.
Salt Lake City and the Wasatch Front
- Provisions —Provisions Restaurant will be offering its Ala Carte Dinner Menu on Christmas Eve along with seasonally inspired holiday specials.
- Franck’s — This south valley restaurant will be open on Christmas Eve with a special four-course pre-set menu. They are open from 5pm until 8 pm on Christmas eve. Cost is $70 per person tax and gratuity not included.
- Tuscany — They will be offering a special 3-course menu $65 for adults and $35 for children ages 12 and under. Featured items will be Prime Rib, Lamb Osso Buco and Pan Seared Sea Bass.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House — Give the gift of butter steak. Open Christmas Eve until 8 p.m.
- Log Haven — For the holidays, Log Haven decorates with old-fashioned mountain flair, using live evergreen garland and wreaths that harkens back to those perfect days of hot apple cider, homemade stockings, warm hearths and friendly faces. Featuring live music, Chef Jones dinner menu is available with special offerings.
- Benihana — How about Japanese? Celebrate the season with sushi. Eat, drink and be generous. Benihana has an offer going that for every $50 in gift cards you purchase, you’ll receive a $10 promotional card.
- Texas De Brazil — Opening early at 11 a.m., Texas De Brazil is offering drinks, iced teas, and desserts at the regular dinner menu price.
Park City and the Wasatch Back
- The Eating Establishment — The locals’ favorite is serving the classics for Christmas. Enjoy mixed green salad or wedge salad, followed by turkey with stuffing, green beans, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and squash, and dessert of bread pudding or pumpkin cheesecake. Open Christmas Eve and Christmas: 3-course prix fixe; $60 per person, $35 for children; Reservations required
- VERSANTE HEARTH + BAR — Open Christmas Eve and Christmas day, specials include appetizers such as Sweet Potato Croquettes, Fire-blistered shishito peppers, Crispy Brussels Sprouts and Pesce Crudo. Main Course options include Roasted Turkey Breast with garlic mashed potatoes, green beans and white gravy, brown sugar ham with garlic mashed potatoes, green beans and brown gravy, roasted acorn squash with vegetarian stuffing, green beans and garlic mashed potatoes. Desserts include cranberry apple cobbler, chocolate peppermint Bite or a cookie sundae
- Powder at the Waldorf Park City — More than just the salad, the Waldorf’s main restaurant is featuring a “modern mountain” menu on Christmas Eve. Whatever that is. Enjoy lobster-tuna salad, Niman Ranch roasted lamb loin, and five spiced-roasted butternut squash soup, followed by seared diver scallops, duck two ways “breast and confit,” wagyu bavette, and dessert of Vienna-style cheese cake. ENTER CE PRICING HERE. On Christmas day the retaurant will be open for lunch with a three-course prix fixe menu; $55 per person, $35 for children
- Grub Steak — The venerable Park City steak house will be open for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with a 3-course prix fixe, $49 per guest. For Christmas Day, start with your choice of baby romaine Caesar salad, wild rice and mushroom soup, or Park City’s best salad bar, followed by an entrée of Snake River Farms slow-roasted pork loin with cabernet jus and a choice of side, plus chocolate crème brulee for dessert.
- Goldener Hirsch — Open for Christmas Eve and Day offering nightly specials in addition to its regular à la carte menus, including selections such as Maine lobster, 22-ounce dry-aged bone-in ribeye, Maui Nui Axis venison, foie gras with burgundy winter truffles, and a selection of domestic and imported caviar with traditional accompaniments.
- Escala Provisions at Hyatt Centric — Escala is celebrating the classics and new favorites at its Christmas Eve dinner. Enjoy selections such as mustard-crusted prime rib, cranberry glazed ham, Mary’s chicken with a sour cherry reduction, and herb-crusted salmon, plus an array of sides and starters such as bacon mac and cheese, corn pudding, celery root and pear soup, salads, breads, and a host of pies and cakes for dessert. Christmas Eve: Buffet, $55 per person, $27.50 for children ages 6-12
- Element — Order in from Element with a special holiday take out menu. Options such as tea-smoked turkey with gravy; quinoa, pecan and shiitake-stuffed squash; house-smoked city ham; and roast prime rib; plus more than a half-dozen sides and apple crumble and triple-chocolate torte for dessert. Open for take out, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
See all of our food and drink coverage here.